Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Some pictures from 2011

Here are some pictures from this year:

The AT Site team from the Bethel semester program, with myself and Mario Jr.

On the roof of the community center.

Hanging white boards on the walls.

SI staff for 2011.

The AT Site team from Greenville and I.V. Canada.

The AT Site team from CVC and IVCF.

The team from SPU, with their famous chicken coop.

The AT Site team from Trinity and Third Place, with summer staff Aaron (also from SPU).

Designing the solar water heater for the community center.

The community center in use.

The shop.

The AT Site team from Third Place, SICC, and Zion.

An interesting looking part from the solar water heater. I'll make sure to post more photos when it's done.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Matthew, I'm working on a story about science and engineering students working around the world for Response (SPU Alumni Magazine.)

Would it be possible to speak with you and/or e-mail you questions this week? I'm at lonstot@gmail.com.

Thanks!

Laura Onstot
SPU 2003

JoeMel said...

Hi Matthew,
I found your site by accident but I have been aware of your story for many years. At one time in my life I worked as a fire fighter alongside of your Dad as we plied the rivers of Portland. Your Dad has explained some of engineering quests such as your solar collector/satellite dish which I believe that you were onto a viable solution to assist solar panels. Another story involved putting your engineering skills to work finding water in Central America. I seem to remember a very long bike ride from Mexico to the Panama Canal, did I remember that correctly?

I wish you the best as you engineer your way through life helping others, through Jesus, and helping yourself as the same time!

Take care and enjoy life's moments as they are gifts,
Joe

Matthew McIntire said...

Actually, my brother is the one currently riding his bicycle from Mexico to Panama. Here is his blog: http://sunburnsandgrassstains.tumblr.com/